- – Your job can have one of the three types of votes.
- – “No Citation”
- – “B” Citation
- – “A” Citation which is usually reserved for contact with an armed subject.
If your job is awarded a citation from the region, one will be printed for you and signed by Regional officers. Your job is then placed with other jobs from the same quarter of the year and a vote is taken as to which job the trustees feel is the top case of that quarter year. The top case from the region for Patrol and Detector is sent into the National Association and a plaque is awarded for each. The National Association now takes all the cases from all the Regions for that quarter and selects a top case for the Nation. A plaque is issued to that team from the National Association at the end of the year. The National Association picks the top case of the year from the 4 quarterly cases that they have previously voted. The winning team is then invited to attend the National Dog Trials with his/her K9 and a presentation is made at the awards banquet for Top Case Of The Year.
- 1st – Jan/Feb/Mar and then sent to the Nationals by April 30th.
- 2nd – April/May/Jun and then sent to the Nationals by July 31.
- 3rd – Jul/Aug/Sept and then sent to the Nationals by October 31.
- 4th – Oct/Nov/Dec and then sent to the Nationals by January 31.